Wednesday 13 April 2011

Cake

This card looks so simple and I have struggles so much with it!
It uses the resist embossing technique
I have not done this before and it is totally out of my comfort zone
A few pieces went straight into the bin
I used Papermania stamps build a cake
Stamped it with Versamark
Then used clear embossing power heated it until clear
To colour it I used a waterbrush and one of my ink pads
Brushed of any excess with a tissue
The sentiment is a embossing folder from papermania
I think it turned out ok but not one of my favourites

This card is for the following challenge


Thanks for looking

x Nicky x

4 comments:

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

I am so glad you tried a new technique and hope that you try emboss resist again sometime. You might want to try sponging ink on your paper after you heat emboss.

Thanks for playing along with Speedy's Friends!

Di said...

You're one heck of a busy crafter - I'm getting dizzy with all your postings that pop up on my Blogger Dashboard!! Love this, I tried resist embossing once but must have another go! Di x

Vicki Dutcher said...

Very nice! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

The Crafty Elf said...

Wow....this is lovely! I must try this.