Tuesday 2 October 2012

Wedding Stationary



My sister got married on Saturday so I can now show you all the bits I have been working on for her - she was very pleased and cried when she saw the room we had decorated for her.  (I assume they where tears of joy!)

This is her with her husband at the reception

Sorry this is a long post but hopefully you might find some inspiration











This is the car that took my sister to the church, it used to be my dads morris minor now owned by our older sister.

I made the two tone bows and added the ribbons in pink and white.  There was also bows on the door handles and boot of the moggie.





This is the order of service - using the same image and design as I had done for the invitations to keep the theme going through.

If you look at the picture above of Lynn and Ian you will see why they like the cartoon image so much as they look so similar




















This was a wooden heart I picked up from The Range, my sister likes her bling so I thought it would be ideal as a keepsake and something to give her once she was married















I thought it needed a little something to make it more personal so I used the image I have used throughout her stationary and added :

Mr & Mrs Sims
Congratulations on your Wedding Day
Saturday 29th September 2012





Lynn asked me to make gifts to thank people of all the help and support. I thought candles would be nice.

I made the boxes on my ecraft and the tags
Again using the same image and ribbon that we had used on the invitations






On the candle I printed the image onto tissue paper then using my heat gun and grease proof gently melted the tissue paper into the candle.  I used pink tissue paper to protect the candle in the box











On the other side of the candle I put on the date
Lynn and Ians names and the name of the church they got married in

Below is a picture of all six together



For the seating plan rather than doing individual name plaques we decided to name the tables after sweets and on each table there was a bowl of the sweets as my sister did not want wedding favours.  So people could find the tables in the room we did a table name using the image again and these went into the centre of the vases. My mum then did the flowers for the vases








 Top Table Decoration
I made the bunting on my ecraft and used the image with the word congratulations on it one with a line of pink around it.  The threaded it onto pink cord to hang from the table.  Each vase was placed on a mirror candle plate and pink and white crystals scattered around



 In the centre of the top table we also had a wooden Mr & Mrs sign that again came from the range.  The was sat onto of three square mirror tiles with the pink and white sparkles sprinkled around. Finished with a white china duck for my dad who passed away 4 years ago



As you walked into the room I had made a Post Box for all the wedding cards to be placed into
The slot is in the top of the box and I finished it with some ribbon and bows
Again this table had some bunting around it and for my dad his favourite chocolate wholenut, a little pink duck and candle with a pink heart. 
(my dad uses to wear pink shirts alot)
There is also a keep sake box as well




 The cake was made by my sisters friend Pat and was lovely - again you can see the duck theme creeping in here too











This is the keepsake box I made for Lynn and Ian
Again it used the same colours and image as on all the other stationary and has the date on it







In the box I put in a place card from the top table - Love Hearts and some love hearts sweets.  There was a candle saying congratulations, a copy of the order of service and both the wedding and evening invitations.
The wooden heart also fits in the box as does dads ducks. There is still room for Lynn and Ian to put other things in that are important the them.









This last picture sums up the day for me it was wonderful and just what Ian and Lynn wanted and was full of laughter and love


If you have stayed with me this far looking through the images

Thank you 

x Nicky x

I have put this in for the following challenges 




3 comments:

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Oh my! Gorgeous! Everything! Love it all...beautiful place, beautiful couple....marvelous idea about the seating...love the cartoon theme....car is awesome.....LOVE it all....almost gave me the feeling of being apart with all your pics and your comments on each pic.

Di said...

WOW Nicky, what fabulous wedding stationery and all the other goodies. Crumbs, you must have spent ages, obviously made with a lot of care and love. Just perfect!! Di xx

Ginny Maxam said...

What a beautiful job you did!! I hope you mailed the pictures to craftwell too! The wedding couple and the whole wedding just looked so perfect!! Thnak you for sharing!!
Ginny M
maxammade.blogspot.com