Sunday 7 October 2012

Squashed Fairy!


This card using a wonderful digi image from Bugaboo, called Stella.  She has been printed onto Kraft card and then coloured something I have not really tried before, I struggled with the skin tones but think it has turned out ok.  To make the image stand out a bit I also used my white  gel pen and draw an outline around her.  The sentiment reads:

Many years ago the youth fairy flew into your bedroom, landed on your pillow and waving her wand said
 " This child shall forever be young"

inside it says

but you rolled over and squashed her and now look what's happened

Happy Birthday

I have entered this card into the following challenges

1 - Ribbon - the pink and white dotty ribbon across the middle
2 - Embossing Folders - Dotty Cuttlebug Folder and Swirls and Stars Sizzix folder
3 - Die Cuts - Spellbinder Curved Rectangles two different sizes for mats, spellbinders mega ovals for the sentiment - which I then trimmed to make look like a label.

Thanks for looking

x Nicky x

10 comments:

Pat said...

What a cute fairy. Thanks for joining Speedy Fox and Friends.

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

I love dear old Stella. I've never seen that sentiment and will have to file it away...too funny. I think you did a grand job printing out on Kraft paper. I've not challenged myself to do it...at some point I will need to take the plunge. Again...great card and also love the white outline around her.

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Great card hun, if this is your first attempt at colouring on Kraft I think you should do it more often, cus its fab!
Love the sentiments!

Thank you for sharing with us at My Time To Craft this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Chris Dring said...

Ok, that is a great punch line on the inside of your card! LOL! Your coloring is fantastic, I especially like the look of the white gel pen outline around the image!

Theresa's Studio said...

You cooked up a really cute card with our recipe. I like the white highlighting around the image on kraft. Thanks for joining us for Speedy Fox and Friends recipe challenge.

Vanessa (aka V'ness, Nessa, oldschool) said...

awesome craft coloring!
and awesome of you to join us at MTTC!!!

Designing with Debbie said...

LOL Great card. I love your lady. Thanks for playing along with us here at Speedy Fox and Friends challenge, we hope to see you again next week. Make sure to check out our other challenges SpeedyTV for more fun and chances to win with Mark's Finest Papers, a Heinrich Co.

wannabcre8tive said...

I love Stella, she is always good for a smile. Thanks, for joining us at Speedy Fox and Friends.

Winnie and Patty said...

Oh how cute!!! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Speedy Fox & Friends blog challenge!

Becky G said...

So cute! Thanks for joining us at Catch The Bug!

Becky G