Sunday 11 January 2009

Dotties Challenge - Card 2 - Pure & Simple



When asked to do a wedding gift card for some friends I could not resist doing it with the challenge in mind. I had been told it was for two people to use to give a gift card in each. I made a gate fold gift card for Christmas for some tickets, so I used this idea again

I used pearl card and folded into the gate fold. The I used the same card to print out the images of George and Dottie in the Wedding Car front and back, and also George the Chef and Dottie baking a cake.

The car I cut out and mounted on the gate fold. The image of Dottie and George I coloured using Gelly Glaze pens and then cut to make pockets to hold a gift card on each side of the card.

I threaded a piece of silver ribbon throw to tie the card closed. Inside I used the verse about a "Recipe for a Good Marriage"

To finish it I cut two interlocked hearts on the craft robo out of silver glittered paper and mounted them one on each side, simple but I hope effective!

Any comments welcome and do not forget to check out Dotties World and look at all the great cards everyone is coming up they are stunning

Thanks for the Challenge Adele

4 comments:

Jac’s Playground said...

Wow Nicky this is an amazing gift card, really is something to treasure and so beautifully put together.

Joanna said...

This is just gorgeous Nicky!! I Love It!!

I wanted to say than ks for all your kind words too!! :)

Jo x

Louly said...

My oh my Nicky this is a work of art! You are so clever, I love it.

Adele said...

Oh what a fab card, they will be over the moon with this one Nicky. Beautiful and yes, perfect for the challenge!

love Dingle.xx