Sunday 25 October 2009

Dotties World Challenge - Childs Play

The challenge is set on Dotties World is done by Louise and this is what she said
Childs Play
Well Hellooooo!!!!!!! Louise here with your challenge for this week.
I have been busy working on a new download collection, it's a boy themed set....but it's not quite ready yet. I have a sneaky preview for you on my example card but that will have to do for now....sorry ♥
Anyway, in keeping with the child theme.... "This week on Dottie's World I want to see you setting free the child in you. Make a card or something else for a child (using a Charmed Download please) . Let your imagination run wild!"
I found this challenge far from Childs Play I have really struggles with it
I after lots of playing I ended up using a pre-coloured image of Dottie
I mounted this on a silver mat
The paper behind is pre-adhesive card by Quickcutz Tropical Colours
It was just scraps and although it looks like a whole piece of green goes behind the image,
it is just 2 little strips
This was then all put onto the base card a glossy blue card which came from my local shop
This was definitely a challenge and I cannot say I am that impressed with my finished results!
Thanks for Looking

7 comments:

Gunn (Merete) said...

This is such a fun card. Great colors and the image is great.
Thanks for playing with us at DW.
Hugs Gunn :-D

Jac’s Playground said...

I really like this Nicky and the background colours echo the gorgeous image so well. xx

Karen Mortensen said...

I think it's great Nicky! Lovely bright and cheerful, just as a birthday card should be. It makes you smile just looking at it :-)

xx

Dotty Jo said...

Great fun card Nicky! Jo x

Mina said...

fabulous card, I love your simple but stunning layouts they work so well Nicky
Mina xxx

Sheila said...

Nicky, you're being too hard on yourself this is fabulous!!!, Dottie always puts a smile on my face.
It's a gorgeous card hun.
Thanks for playing this week in Dotties.
Hugs
Sheila xx

Mel X said...

This Dottie image is fab and I love the bright colours - brill

Mel X