Sunday 29 March 2009

When I Grow Old I Will Wear Purple!

This is an A4 sheet designed so my mum can frame it
(If she likes it?)
For mums 60th I did a card with the a quote about 'When she grows old she can wear purple'
She asked me to do one that she can frame with the poem by Jenny Joseph.
I used one of the Murray and Ethel Stamps coloured with glitter satura and Tria pens
The dotty paper is some Christmas paper from a lilac and purple pack
The circles were made in word as was the text, printed onto penalized card and then cut out.
I have put faux stitching on the circles and around the poem.
The blue ribbon at the bottom has stitching on it and the ribbon at the top has swirls.
I got all the ideas from the Challenge sites below
As usual any project as long as there is stitching on your card faux or real - it's up to you!
Was a sketch with lots of circles I have added a bit but hope it still counts
The colour combination is Lilac and Blue
For this weeks extra option it is to used ribbons and swirls, but this is not compulsory
Please so check out the above blogs there are amazing creations on them

14 comments:

Michelle said...

Both this and the card below are brilliant Nicky. Hope your mum liks it. Love the images behind the old guy stamp they really set the scene.
x Michelle

Faye said...

Nicky, this is adorable. I know your mother will just love it. Great job.

Mrs Wonka said...

I love this poem and your card is fab!

Mrs Wonka x

Heather said...

Oh Nicky - what an amazing card/picture. Great use of the colours and I just love that poem - it's my belief you're never too young to start practising eccentricity!!
Thanks for sharing this with us at CC.
hugs Heather xx

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

great job

thanks for joining us this week on SCSC :)

Hugs Jane x

aardvarkpest said...

Great card and poem.

Glenda

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Oh Nicky! What a fantastic take on the challenge. I love this. The poem is superb and the image is perfect. It really made me giggle. Thanks for making my colour choice so funny. Thanks for joining the Colour Create Challenge.
Sharon xx

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAH! Love it, and love the sentiment along with the poem... great card and love the stamped image... HUGS...SK :)

Kim Dellow said...

Fab card. Kim

Joey said...

Hi Nicky, fantastic work, what a fabulous image, love it. Joey.x

Michele Roos said...

Fabulous card. Love the fun image and the colours you've used. Michele x

Chris said...

Fantastic card Nicky and I couldn't agree with the theme more, I have a purple coat at the moment and I am quite old LOL! Fabulous! Glad you could join us at CC this week. Chris x

Lexxie said...

Fab card Nicky, I love this little poem, great image too,
Love Sarita xx

Jo said...

Fantastic card Nicky, I bet your mom loves it too.
Thank you for joining in with us, please stop by the Sketch Saturday blog ;)

Jo xx