Tuesday 18 February 2020

Reason for not Blogging ~ I became a Naughty Nanny


I am sorry for my lack of posts.
Skip to bottom of post if you want to see my make.
My daughter and son in law had this little bundle of mischief
on 11 Dec 2019, let me introduce my grandson Alfred.
His birth ended up as a C section, but both him and my daughter are fine, he was a very healthy 9lbs 3ozs. I was with them all through it and saw him as soon as he was moved to the recovery room, truly a magical moment.
As we have funny blood in the family they didn't want to take any risks with DD so I was travelling down to their house every evening after work to give a double dose of blood thinning injections. Anyone who has had these will know they are quite painful injections to have. 
Alfie also had a 100% love heart tongue tie, he gained weight well with my DD feeding him but was choking and getting quite frustrated. So he was assessed then 5 days later had his tongue tie corrected, his still learning to move his tongue properly but is doing really well.  So now his fixed, DD injections are over and she can drive again I can get back to crafts as well as lots of nanny cuddles.
As they didn't find out the sex of the baby until he was born, I made his quilt in between running around.

The materials are from our local garden centre that still has a crafts section, they are all soft and fleecy, the back is minky fabric and its edged in satin ribbon.

With some squares left I made a taggy blanket using some of the ribbons from his many lovely gifts, some bits left over from quilt and the rest from my ribbon box.



This is for the following challenges 


Not bad for my second quilt lol

Thanks for looking 








7 comments:

brenda said...

Something really different using your dies, many thanks for joining in with our 'Dies and Punches' theme at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

Dotty Jo said...

Big, big congratulations to you and your family! He's totally gorgeous - give him a big squeeeeeeeeeeeeze from me, Jo x

Glennis F said...

Congratulations, what a sweetie!

Andre M. said...

Congrats to your family! This is precious, I love that you included the ribbons from his gifts in the blanket. Alfred is such a handsome little fellow.

Di said...

Oh congratulations Nanny Nicky! How exciting - gosh he's a little darling. So glad everyone is fine now as well. And your snippets make is so cute! What a lovely idea to use snippets of ribbon from some of his gifts as well.

Big hugs to all!

Di xx

Ellibelle said...

What a sweet baby boy! Congratulations!
The quilt is beautiful! Thank you so much for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week!
Ellibelle's Corner

tilly said...

a beautiful baby, and all's well now, congratulations from Crafty Catz
Tilly