Sunday 16 March 2014

Christmas Gifts


This is called being prepared
My daughter was given some smellies for her birthday and they came in a round container
As soon as I saw it, I knew it would be perfect for a Christmas Candle
I covered the container in Christmas paper I brought in the bargain bin at Hobbycraft
Cutting circles for the top and bottom using my spellbinder dies
I then made a matching tag
The candle was decorated using a rubber stamp I won and the 
sentiment was a stamp that came free with a magazine
I stamped them onto the tissue paper and coloured the image with my promarkers
I then used my heat gun to melt the tissue paper into a vanilla candle
Although it does not show on the photo I have also added some glitter
Well it Christmas!


This is for the following challenges


Thanks for looking
post signature

10 comments:

Inkyfingers said...

Oh wow, this is a fabulous set Nicky and I love that you re -purposed the packaging. Amazing candle. I haven't tried that technique yet but you have inspired me to have a go.

maureenjscott said...

What a fabulous gift! you sure are getting ahead!! Love the candle! Thank you for joining us at Crafting by Designs this week! Mo xxx
Why not link up at the Anything Goes challenge at Left of Center this month for a chance to lots of prizes from some amazing sponsors! http://leftofcenterchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/p/loc-1st-anniversary-

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous candle and box !! this is a beautiful gift set and am sure whoever receives this will be thrilled !

thanks for joining us on the ABC Christmas Challenge
luv
Lols x x x

Sue said...

What a great gift Nikky! that candle is gorgeous and the box! huggles Sue xxx

Rocky said...

Brilliant idea, recycle packaging. Love the candle too. Thanks for sharing it with us at CHNC.

Renate said...

Supermooi, je kaars. Dat is nog eens een leuk cadeautje! Fijn dat je meedoet bij CHCC Extra.

Groetjes, Renate

Annette said...

Gorgeous, I keep meaning to decorate a candle myself, but just don't seem to get around to doing it.
Hugs
Annette - Netty's Cards
xx
Proud to design for :
Crafty Little Fairies,
Top Tip Tuesday,
ABC Christmas,
As You Like It,
Pink Gem Designs,
The Stamp Basket, and
Stampfairy.

Anonymous said...

Oh How cute is this and love that you decorated a candle too! so love those, Thanks for Playing along with us this time at ABC Christmas Challenge, hugs Samantha :0)

DianeMoneyGoolsby said...

Nicky: Beautiful Christmas set--love the red birds.

Thanks for entering our Challenge #57 - "Animals"--hope you enter our upcoming challenges too.

Diane
Simply Create Too Design Team Member
http://SimplyCreateToo.blogspot.com
http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering your lovely creation for my CHNC challenge extra for March - hope to see you again soon x