Saturday 8 October 2011

Sad News

Stiggy my dog, whom I named my blog after, passed away today

He was taken ill on Thursday and seemed to be doing well
Then today he took a turn for the worse and we had to make the hard decision to let him go
He was a wonderful dog, so good natured that even in pain he never grumbled

My blog title will remind me of the 9.5 years of fun and happiness we had
 after someone left him tied to gate
Everyone who met him thought he as a girl and only about 2 years old
So he became known round the village as the only gay dog in the village
after the comedy show Little Britain
The heartache now is nothing to all the joy we had with him

God Bless you Stiggy and RIP


3 comments:

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Oh Nicky...I'm so so sorry. With tears in my eyes and a heavy heart and me not being very good with words for these kinds of moments, it's so important to let you know how sorry I am for your lost. Yes, you have wonderful memories forever and you have gave him your love and blessings to go in peace and no longer suffer. Again Nicky, I'm so sorry.

Jac’s Playground said...

Oh Nicky, I m so sorry and sad to read of your news, but it is wonderful to hear you speaking so positively and the only gay dog in the village made me smile. Sending you cyberhugs at this time. Take care love Jac xx

Di said...

Oh Nicky - what a lovely tribute to Stiggy and how positive to think of the happy times. He was a beauty from the photograph, and a smile about being the only gay dog in the village :) Hugs from me too, Di xx