Sunday 14 October 2018

70th Birthday 2 for 1


This card is another tumble number one
This is for a gentlemen who has been like a dad 
since my own dad passed away 10 years ago 
If you could not guess he has just turned 70
I designed this on my Scan and cut 
Also as it's such a big and special birthday its an A4 size card 
I used two sheets of A4 one black and one blue
and cut the design on both colours
I then used a small scrap of red to cut the 70
I then place the blue bits inside the black card 
I think this technique is called paper piercing 
matted it onto a piece of red card and added the red 70
Finally adding it to the A3 card I had folded in half
As I don't like waste so I then put the black numbers 
On to the blue card so got 2 for 1
I now have another card ready to use
I just have to wait for someone else to turn 70!!


This card is for the following challenges





Thanks for looking



7 comments:

creationsnz said...

What a great idea and would work for any age. CarolG

Wendy L said...

I have just commented on another card of this design, I love it, I am goung to have to try it, thanks for joining us at MAWTT

Jac’s Playground said...

These cards are great Nicky and what a great way to make use of the 'waste, thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week x

Elizabeth said...

Brilliant design and a great snippet card. x

Di said...

Really great snippets card Nicky - such a super idea as well! I bet your honorary Dad loved it! As others have said - this would do so well for many ages. I really love the design.

Hugs

Di xx

Caz said...

Lovely creation , Thank you for joining us at MAWTT..And hope to see you again soon..

Caz MAWTT DT x

Sarn said...

Congrats on being showcased in the Snippets Playground. Fab tumbling numbers card. xxx